More pictures!!

7/18/2007

Richard at TBS sent the rest of my rock last week and it looks great! I've put it in the tank and rearranged several times, but I think I've finally settled in on a configuration. Everything I've got so far was sent with my "package" from Tampa Bay Saltwater. This is the current layout, the sponges are just set in place, not attached yet...


This is my favorite piece of rock, the picture doesn't do it justice. I found mini-brittlestars, tunicates, spaghetti worms, and lots of other life on this rock.

Here's a front view with a nice coral at the top left, I haven't ID'd for sure yet, but I'm pretty sure it's some kind of Faviid. The polyps have really been coming out nicely and it's color gets better every day.

Another front view with the rock flower anemone and one of the tree sponges. You can also see one of the tube corals that are all over the rock, I've got at least 6 of these in the tank.

This rock has a nice little knob sticking out that is covered with featherdusters.

This is a corallimorph that looks like its about to split, there's another one of the tube corals behind it.

1 comment:

Dave Wagner said...

Looks great! You don't even have fish in there yet and I'm already jealous :)